Tompkins Cortland Community College


Visa and Travel Information

Getting your visa

There are multiple steps to paying your SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) fee, preparing for your consulate interview, and campus arrival reporting requirements that you are responsible for as an F or J student/scholar. These all must be completed as part of your visa application process.

Travel to Dryden

You can travel by air, train, bus or taxi on your way to Tompkins Cortland. Make sure you have the correct documents while you travel, as well make sure you follow some basic steps to ensure you enter the U.S. under the correct status. The College’s transportation page includes numerous resources to help you arrive on campus.

Maintaining your status

As an F or J student and scholar there are regulations and responsibilities you have while studying at Tompkins Cortland. Make sure you know your reporting responsibilities so we can help you stay in status.

A note before you travel

Get a travel endorsement on your Form 1-20 every term to return to the U.S. If you plan to leave the U.S. for any reason (winter/spring breaks, summer vacation, etc.), you must have Page 3 of your SEVIS I-20 Form signed by one of the College’s Designated School Officials (DSO’s). Failure to have your I-20 signed will result in difficulties when trying to reenter the U.S. For the same reason, please make sure that your passport, I-20 and I-94 are valid at all times and that your F-1 visa is still valid at the time of re-entry. • Students planning to travel to Canada should consult the following application to determine whether or not a Canadian Visa is required.

information for

Study Abroad Opportunities at Tompkins Cortland Community College

Global on Facebook

Find Global on Facebook

Share your thoughts and keep up with the latest happenings in Global.