Tompkins Cortland Community College

Student Life

Immunization Requirements

Completed immunization records must be on file with Health Services before the start of your first attending semester. Those students without complete records will be medically withdrawn from classes.

Students requesting housing must have all immunization records completed BEFORE a room assignment takes place.

Our immunization/health information form is the same for both domestic and international students.

The form is to be completed by your health care provider. Alternately, your provider may send/fax your immunization record directly to Health Services as long as it provides proof of all required vaccines.

Public Health Law Article 21, Title IV, Section 2165-Immunization: All students born on or after January 1, 1957 and registering for six or more credits and attending New York State colleges/universities must provide proof of measles, mumps and rubella immunizations.

If you are taking classes exclusively online, you do not have to comply with these requirements, according to the New York State Public Health Law.

Mandatory Immunization Requirements for ALL students taking six or more credits attending Tompkins Cortland Community College:

  • MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) for students born on or after January 1, 1957
    • Two doses given at least 28 days apart and after your first birthday.
    • Positive antibodies for Measles, Mumps and Rubella is acceptable. Lab results must be provided as proof.
  • Meningococcal vaccine (ALL students taking six or more credits)
    • One dose within the last five years or a completed two-dose series.
    • Declination (acceptable)

If you choose to decline YOU MUST SIGN the declination portion of the Health Form  (Part III of form)

Where can I get a copy of my immunization records?

  • Your health care provider- must be signed/stamped by health care provider.
  • Childhood record- only acceptable if signed/stamped by health care provider.
  • High school or previous college record- sometimes immunizations are found on high school transcripts if not kept separately in your high school.
  • Military immunization record

Religious Exemption

Persons who hold genuine and sincere religious beliefs contrary to immunization may apply for Religious Exemption. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to immunization is not accepted by the State of New York as a religious exemption.  Further documentation/supporting evidence may be requested by the College when submitting Religious Exemption.

Request for Religious Exemption form:

Drop off or send completed form to:

Tompkins Cortland Community College
Student Health Center
170 North Street
P.O. Box 139
Dryden, NY 13053

Fax: 607.844.6533 – for scanned immunization records